Professional Freestyle windsurfer

Sunday 27 February 2011

Competition update!



Right so generally feel like I've been sailing pretty well! Definitely been enjoying the pressure and managing to perform my simple moves and getting by on consistency. I went out of the 1st double against Ruenes who was sailing really well. Today in the 2nd single I was drawn against a Turkish guy Yagil and I knew I would have to sail well as he has been pretty consistent also. However I still managed to crash my opening move a Puneta which I think I have crashed as my opener in every heat without fail so I knew I was off to a good start!! Went switch straight after and stuck a fully planning one so it was ok! I made my Ponch, shaka, air flaka and double flaka on the way out but knew I was missing a move on the way in as I dropped my switch flaka. Luckilly I passed through by quite a few points. Next up Tonky! haha No pressure really so went out and had fun so I opened my heat with a fully planning air flaka and then stacked a biig shaka straight after. I was fully powered on 4.5 and was going for stuff I never normally would in a heat so went straight into a puneta 900 then went for a future on the way out but I couldn't quite get the whip out of my ponch!

The last few days I have been doing the live streaming commentary with Ben Profitt which has been pretty entertaining and I hope anyone listening has enjoyed it!

I have seen the draw for the double tomorrow and I have somehow got a by into the next round which is a bit luck once again. So I'll face the winner of Ian Mouro Lemos and Steven Van Broekhoven but SVB is injured so its looking like I will face Ian! Hopefully I can d enough to beat Ian and get into 9th position in the 2nd double but if I dont I will finish 13th again so it shouldnt be a bad overall result!

I did and interview with KP today that may make it on to ESPN Asia, I was talking about my 4.5 North Ice!

Keep up to date with all the pictures and live streaming at www.pwaworldtour.com

Have just got back from an extremely tiresome opening ceromany so need to get some rest. I think tomorrows closing party for the freestylers will be slightly more entertaining!!

No comments:

Post a Comment